If you want to choose best flight controller for quadcopter but don’t know which one is or suit to beginner,then you’ve come to the right place,here to tell you that which oneis the best flight controller.
Flight controller is the most important part of quadcopter
As we known, A quadcopter can fly in the sky must need all parts such as Flight frame,ESCS,Motors,Flight Controller,Lipo Battery,Transmitter and receiver,Propellers .etc. Flight controller is the most important one ,I regard the flight controller as a brain which will stop flying when its components fail. what does flight controller can do? it may control all of the following aspects of flight – possibly more.
- Gyro Stabilization – the ability to easily keep the quadcopter stable and level under the pilot’s control. This is a standard feature of all Flight controller.
- Self Leveling – the ability to let go of the pitch and roll stick on the transmitter and have the quadcopter stay level.
- Orientation mode- The pilot can control the orientation of the quadcopter.
- Altitude Hold – the ability to hover a certain distance from the ground without having to manually adjust the throttle.
- Position Hold – the ability to hover at a specific location.
- Return Home – the ability to automatically return to the point where the quadcopter initially took off.
- Waypoint Navigation – the ability to set specific points on a map that quadcopter will follow as part of a flight plan.
- GPS – the ability to record the data of flying,it will shorten search time for next time.
Flight controller Comparison Table
These are some of the popular Flight controller listing as below（some of them have been outdated）,all of them are Open Source boards which also have Gyro Stabilization, Self Leveling ability.You can find out the differences of them.
|ArduCopter (APM 2.5)||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||$180|
|Crius All In One PRO||Yes||Yes||Add-on||Add-on||Add-on||$25|
|Crius MultiWii Lite||$13|
|Crius MultiWii Lite||Yes||Yes||$39|
|MultiWii PRO / MTK GPS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||$430|
|MultiWii PRO 2.0 / MTK GPS||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||$542|
How to choose best flight controller for quadcopter
If you want to build quadcopter by yourself,the first thing is choose best flight controller for quadcopter.there are three things to considering when you buying it.
The flight controller board must be open source board
Open source is quite popular,flight controller is not exception.It is a very flexible method and you can always modify any of it to suit your own needs .So if want to diy my own quadcopter i will choose the filght controller board which is open source.
The price of flight controller
Before you think about purchasing flight controller, you should really compare the quality and cost of the two platforms. For the beginners the cheaper the better Unless you are rich,but you must be sure the quality of the filght controller is good. Of course which one is determined by your needs.
What are the best Flight controller for beginners?
For the beginnner,need some quadcopter build guide,I suggest you to choose open source flight controller board above list,and the price is less than $100 even $50, many beginners choose OpenPilot CC3D or kk2.The OpenPilot CC3D is a very established board and it’s very cheap , More importantly the CC3D is very easy to configure and tune, it has excellent community support. KK2 it’s also cheap, Functionality wise, it’s pretty simple too. The kk2 as a great starter board. There’s lots of documentation for it. Someone always keep a kk2 around just for testing.
This post is from diy quadcopter website:http://www.rcdronegood.com/how-to-choose-best-flight-controller-for-quadcopter/