This printer indicates when the hp ink level is low. The actual toner cartridge life remaining can vary. Consider having a replacement cartridge available to install when print quality is no longer acceptable. This printer uses four colors and has a different toner cartridge for each color: yellow (Y), magenta (M), cyan (C), and black (K). The toner cartridges are inside the front door of the printer.
Do not remove the toner cartridge from its package until it is time to install it. To prevent damage to the toner cartridge, do not expose it to light for more than a few minutes. If you remove the toner cartridge from the printer for an extended period of time, place the cartridge in the original plastic packaging, or cover the cartridge with a light-weight, opaque item. If toner gets on your clothing, wipe it off with a dry cloth and then wash the clothes in cold water. Hot water sets toner into fabric. Information about recycling used toner cartridges is in the toner cartridge box.
Follow these steps to replace the hp printer cartridges in your printer.
1. Open the front door.
2. Grasp the blue handle on the toner cartridge drawer, and then pull out the drawer.
3. Grasp the handle on the toner cartridge, and then pull the toner cartridge straight up to remove it.
4. Remove the new toner cartridge package from the box, and then pull the release tab on the packaging.
5. Remove the toner cartridge from the opened packaging shell.
6. Grasp both ends of the toner cartridge, and then gently rock the cartridge back and forth to distribute the toner.
7. Do not touch the imaging drum on the bottom of the toner cartridge. Fingerprints on the imaging drum can cause print quality problems.
8. Insert the new toner cartridge into the drawer. Make sure that the color chip on the cartridge matches the color chip on the drawer.
9. Push the toner cartridge drawer into the printer.
10. Close the front door.